Continuing Education and Training (CET)
Based on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, the host city of the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games, AAS is the place where athletes become professionals and is at the forefront of the sport, recreation, and fitness industries. We highlight the widest choice of specialisations at the highest standards of training in continuing education and training (CET) and are committed to delivering quality training programs with employability outcomes.
Socialisation, experience and fun are inherent benefits of all the Australian Academy of Sport’s programs. Our goal is to make your program a valuable learning experience for the participants.
The many exciting programs and activities that we offer are facilitated to achieve your educational objectives.
The quality of coaching is one of the primary reasons why players either continue to participate in their sport or decide to play something else. The coach has significantly more influence upon players than any other person associated in sport therefore all sports should provide the opportunity to be accredited at an appropriate level. Coaches must be able to communicate effectively with primary and youth aged children or adults depending on their player group, therefore training in coaching and communication techniques are as equally important as the skills, training sessions and game plans. The Australian Academy of Sport has the experience to design and deliver the Coaching Course and Athlete Development Programs both domestically and internationally that will produce professionally trained Coaches to provide services to all abilities, genders, and ages of athletes. Further the Coaching and Athlete Development Programs will provide graduates options to make coaching a career.
The Australian Academy of Sport proposes numerous options that can be delivered face-to-face, offshore and online learning (selected units only).
The course options are:
Training for the course will be delivered using one or more of the following methods:
- Workplace-based training
- Distance (correspondence)
- Training workshops in small groups
- Blended options of training delivery
- All programs, leaning materials and assessments can be translated into the language required
Training methods are selected to best achieve the required elements of competence while considering the learning style of the participants. The provision of training may include a flexible combination of any of the above. Students studying at home have access to training via Skype, email, or phone.
Assessment methods can include one or more of the following:
- Questions and answers
- Role plays
- Written and/or oral examinations
- Projects and case studies
- Practical demonstration and assessment
Australian Academy of Sport (AAS) is a specialised Continuing Education and Training (CET) organisation in Australia delivering high and advanced sporting programs in diverse sporting fields.
Our dedication to the sport, recreation and fitness industry embodies our commitment to the sports industry, enabling and supporting people to achieve their goals within a sporting environment.
Sport has an elevated place in Australia’s national culture, and its reputation as a sporting nation has become a largely unquestioned aspect of the Australian identity. AAS is committed to cultivating sporting programs that support, promote and develop sports on all levels.
AAS believes that our organisation should be selected to develop, implement, and facilitate Fitness, Management, Coaching and Athlete Development Pathways proposing the following:
- Comprehensive Coaching and Athlete Development Pathways
- Access to a global network of certified, qualified industry experts
- Knowledge and experience operating in international education space
- Capacity and capability to deliver offshore accredited and non-accredited training programs in partnership/collaboration with qualified local community
- Ability to develop quality, industry relevant course content and supporting resources at all levels
- Able to create viable career pathways for individuals to pursue coaching at higher levels
- Trainer the Trainers Coaching Mentor Programs
- Introduce best practice of Australian standards to international coaches and athletes
- Deliverable outcomes for increase in participation
- Empower and enable development of individuals within coaching framework and provide opportunities for them to progress to the next level and encourage employment opportunities
- Act as advocate to influence and promote the benefits of Coaching and Athlete Development
- Create customised, targeted and relevant learning program that can be easily replicated and rolled out country wide
- Support and promote gender equity through sport
- Ability to develop quality, industry relevant course content and supporting resources related to Community, Sport, and Cultural Development
We want to help you develop capable and motivated coaches that will help you to achieve success.