Certificate in Children’s Exercise and Participation
Physical activity is vital for a child’s development and lays the foundation for a healthy and active life. The Children’s Exercise and Participation workshop promotes the development of good physical activity habits early in life and to encourage families to engage in regular physical activity.
- Recommended healthy eating options and dietary guidelines for children
- Identify exercises targeted at specific fitness component
- Stages of physical, social, and emotional growth and development in children
- Design strategies for specific target groups
- Promote and deliver programs and activities
- Products and services suitable for increasing participation in a specific sport
- Strategies to best develop and promote participation
- Marketing and advertising strategies to increase participation
The delivery for the Certificate in Children exercise and participation is five days (9am – 5pm).
This course provides the skills and knowledge required to plan, instruct, and evaluate exercise for young people aged thirteen to seventeen years. It requires the ability to supervise young people using fitness facilities and relevant equipment to promote functional capacity and fitness. This course will provide information on how to design and implement strategies focused on enhancing participation in a specific sport and recommendations how to attract non-participants, by use of information compiled for the development of strategies.
Training for the course will be delivered using one or more of the following methods:
- Workplace-based training
- Distance (correspondence)
- Training workshops in small groups
- Blended options of training delivery
- All programs, leaning materials and assessments can be translated into the language required
Training methods are selected to best achieve the required elements of competence while considering the learning style of the participants. The provision of training may include a flexible combination of any of the above. Students studying at home have access to training via Skype, email, or phone.
Assessment methods can include one or more of the following:
- Questions and answers
- Role plays
- Written and/or oral examinations
- Projects and case studies
- Practical demonstration and assessment