Certificate in Event Coordination
This skill set applies to event coordinators who operate independently, and are responsible for making a range of operational decisions. They may work in event management companies, in event venues, or in organisations that organise their own events. Events are diverse in nature and this unit is relevant to any type of event coordinated in any industry context, including the tourism, hospitality, sport, cultural and community sectors.
Topics in this course include:
- Processing and monitoring event registrations
- Analyse staging requirements
- Source and organise staging contractors
- Monitor staging preparations
- Manage event staging components
Individuals working in any industry in administrative roles where event coordination is sometimes required.
The delivery for the Certificate in Event Coordination is five days (9am – 5pm).
This course provides the skills and knowledge required to process attendee registrations for events, and administer them through to finalisation. This course provides information on how to record customer information, monitor attendance numbers, generate sales and operational reports, and issue customer documents for event attendance and organise and monitor different staging services and products.
Training for the course will be delivered using one or more of the following methods:
- Workplace-based training
- Distance (correspondence)
- Training workshops in small groups
- Blended options of training delivery
- All programs, leaning materials and assessments can be translated into the language required
Training methods are selected to best achieve the required elements of competence while considering the learning style of the participants. The provision of training may include a flexible combination of any of the above. Students studying at home have access to training via Skype, email, or phone.
Assessment methods can include one or more of the following:
- Questions and answers
- Role plays
- Written and/or oral examinations
- Projects and case studies
- Practical demonstration and assessment