Certificate in Sports Psychology
Sports Psychology is the study of how psychology influences sports, athletic performance, exercise, and physical activity. This program provides you with the knowledge on how to apply the following psychological approaches to enhance an athlete’s performance:
- Mental rehearsal
- Goal setting
- Self-control, arousal, and anxiety techniques
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress management
- Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation
The delivery for the Certificate in Sports Psychology is five days (9am – 5pm).
This course describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to enable coaches to support their athletes to apply the principles of sports psychology to their specific sporting activity. It focuses on assisting athletes to implement and evaluate psychological approaches to optimise their sporting performance.
Training for the course will be delivered using one or more of the following methods:
- Workplace-based training
- Distance (correspondence)
- Training workshops in small groups
- Blended options of training delivery
- All programs, leaning materials and assessments can be translated into the language required
Training methods are selected to best achieve the required elements of competence while considering the learning style of the participants. The provision of training may include a flexible combination of any of the above. Students studying at home have access to training via Skype, email, or phone.
Assessment methods can include one or more of the following:
- Questions and answers
- Role plays
- Written and/or oral examinations
- Projects and case studies
- Practical demonstration and assessment