Diploma of Sports Coaching
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply the skills and knowledge to pursue a career as a coach at a high performance level. Likely functions for someone with this qualification include observing elite athletes to determine the level of instruction required, and planning, conducting, and evaluating high performance individualised and team training programs. Those with this qualification would also supervise practice sessions and provide in competition assistance to athletes including supporting their psychological preparation and conducting post competition analysis of both performance and strategy. Outcomes would vary depending on the specialisation chosen.
- High Performance Coach
The course duration for the Diploma of Sports Coaching is 9 months.
- Plan and deliver coaching programs
- Customise coaching for athletes with specific needs
- Provide drugs in sport information
- Provide nutrition information to athletes
- Support athletes to adopt principles of sport psychology
- Select and use technology for sport, fitness, and recreation
- Manage conflict
- Lead and manage people
- Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- Develop strength and conditioning programs
- Conduct individualised long-term training programs
- Implement selection policies
- Implement a talent identification program
- Assist athletes to prevent and manage injury and illness
- Plan and implement high performance training and recovery programs
Course Delivery and Assessment Arrangements
Delivery and Assessment Arrangements
- You can use a combination of pathways such as self-paced, classroom/workshop tutorial and on or off-the-job to complete the qualification
- Competency based assessment is used during all assessment activities. Competency is achieved through demonstrating your knowledge and practical application of skills.
- The “assessment activities” will include but not limited to such things as written/oral questions, third party feedback where applicable, activities, and scenarios of knowledge and practical application of skills.