Diploma of Sports Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who work in the sport and recreation industry in a management or organisational capacity. These individuals have a high degree of autonomy and manage the effective provision of services or programs in locations such as fitness centres, sporting grounds or complexes, leisure and aquatic centres and community recreation centres.
- Competition Manager
- Executive Officer
- Facility Manager
- Program Manager
- Centre Manager
- Assistant Centre Manager
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Sports Program Officer
- Operations Officer
The course duration for the Diploma of Sports Management is 9 months.
- Develop and review budgets for activities or projects
- Develop work priorities
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Coordinate work teams or groups
- Implement and monitor marketing activities
- Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- Develop and review a business plan
- Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- Manage budgets and financial plans
- Manage operational plan
- Manage risk
- Coordinate facility and equipment acquisition and maintenance
- Plan and provide sport, fitness, and recreation services
- Build client relationships and business networks
- Develop and implement strategic plans
Course Delivery and Assessment Arrangements
Delivery and Assessment Arrangements
- You can use a combination of pathways such as self-paced, classroom/workshop tutorial and on or off-the-job to complete the qualification
- Competency based assessment is used during all assessment activities. Competency is achieved through demonstrating your knowledge and practical application of skills.
- The “assessment activities” will include but not limited to such things as written/oral questions, third party feedback where applicable, activities, and scenarios of knowledge and practical application of skills.